Am a gloss and go kind of girl even though it bucks the current “matte” lips trend currently all over Instagram. Those will dry lips will know what a nightmare it is the nail the matte lip look without it shrivelling up your pout in about 30 seconds. Am always on the lookout for the best lip gloss, with my current fav being the Mac Lipglass, which gives a super glass like finish, and a pop of colour. However, it’ really expensive to keep buying the various shades.
Enter the new Chanel Rouge Coco gloss range, with the limited edition: Rouge Coco gloss topcoat 774 – Excitation. Just spotted this one randomly whilst looking at Chanel foundations. I love the Chanel lipsticks but never tried the lip gloss. Generally, I am always on the hunt to find the best lip gloss and this one just jumped out at me. Maybe it’s the shimmer flecked gold bling that caught my eye which is most likely the case. I like anything that generally shines.
Anyway, long story short, it’s amazing. The best bits:
- The Cocoon tip makes it so easy to apply
- It is super moisturising and I mean super moisturising. I sometimes find that gloss in general gives the high shine look but low on the moisturising aspect. I have such dry lips and find that using this gets rid of chapped lips fast! I think that this is because the formula contains natural waxes and coconut oil derivative that provides the moisturising ability
- You can layer it on top of any lipstick for a slick of high shine and brightness. This for me is a super plus point as I can pretty much use it over any colour lipstick and it looks amazing. No need for multiple shade purchases to match my lipstick as this is pretty much a one size fits all in terms of usage.
Before and after’s:
- It’s expensive, but boy is it worth it
- As with all lip glosses, just make sure that there’s no wind, otherwise, you will end up with that hair stuck on lips effect which is not great.
Have you tried this? What do you think? Am always on the lookout for the perfect lip-gloss, what’s your favourite?